Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Neon Summer

OK, This is not Part 2 of "No Polish Left Behind" (click here for Part 1), but I couldnt help myself. These 2 bottles are the reason I told myself I had to do NPLB. They were and are going to be my last purchases before I finish using what I already have. This needed to be done, lol. 

They are both brands I have never used but are so inexpensive I had to give them a try. Sinful Colors-"24/7" was only 1.99 at regular price! Color Club-"Age of Aquarius"  was on sale for $3. 

I. Love. These. Neons. 



Seche Clear Base, Sinful Colors-"24/7", Color Club-"Age of Aquarius", Sech Vite Top Coat. 

None of these pictures are using a flash, they are all taken by an open window using natural light. I have also decided to reshape my nails (again) so they are much shorter than they were. Going back to squarish. 


I did 3 coats of each color just to get the maximum potential out of each color.  Unfortunately, my camera really dulls down the vibrancy. 


I knew right away that the Sinful Colors (neon pink) was going to POP so I used it as the accent on my right hand. But the show stopper (at least in person) is Age of Aquarius. It does not disappoint. 
When i saw it on the shelf my jaw dropped and I knew instantly, it was to be mine. Funny thing is, I wasn't even going to look for polish. I was picking up something for my husband who had dental work done that day. I have never seen this color before and I don't own anything like it. Definitely worth the 3 dollars!! I wouldn't miss out on this. 



I am vowing to get a better camera so that way maybe someday I can share the true colors of my polishes. 



The Sinful Colors didnt have very good application, but i didnt have high expectations. It was chunky. and streaky, and dried almost so fast that i could barely smoth it out over my nail. I'll still buy more of them because of their price. They just wont be my favorite.



Just a shot with some different lighting.

When I finish "No Polish Left Behind" I will be out there getting a cart full of these 2 and 3 dollar polish brands. Happy girl here.





No comments:

Post a Comment