Friday, April 13, 2012

Ombre Try #2

Today I took advantage of my son taking a nap and decided to try out the "ombre" manicure I've seen all over Pinterest within the last couple weeks. I did try it right before Easter, but i used different colors that were all pastel and it just looked like a mess. So i learned, keep it similar.




You take a makeup sponge and dampen it. Paint the colors you want right next to eachother and softly touch it to a piece of paper to meld the colors together before putting it on your nail. If you put enough paint on the sponge you can get about two nails done before needing to reapply the paint. 
From left to right: Orly-"Lemonade", China Glaze-"Papaya Punch, Piggy Polish-"Pumpkin", and Essie-"Braziliant"

Before I cleaned them up.



I realized right before I started getting rid of the excess polish that they ended up looking like candy corn! haha
After Cleanup





I do like them but I'm not sure how long they will stick around due to the fact that I feel very Halloweenish.

No comments:

Post a Comment