Friday, April 27, 2012

Sister's Animal Prints





Ever since I developed a polish habit, my 3 younger sisters have certainly benefited. After school they love to come over and decide what they will change their color to for the next day. They were very excited when I got my Konad stamp kit because they love animal prints. It didnt take them very long before they showed up asking me to do it for them. I had no problem with that because I get more practice :)


I am limited to only stamping in black and white right now, but now that I know I like the way the stamps work i will order more colors of the "special polish."


Seriously, order the special polish! I've tried regular and it just doesn't stick well enough!

Once again, I used Stamp 57 from Konad for both girls. Very Cheap from Amazon, between 2-5 dollars depending which person you order from. I am excited to get more!


Madison, who is 15, wanted cheetah. We chose to use Orly-Lemonade and Essie-As Gold as it Gets for the base color and Konad's black special polish for the cheetah pattern. I only did one coat of each and the Orly looked awful but by the time the print went on, you couldnt even tell.





I wish you could see As Gold as It Gets more in these picture.s. In person, it give the manicure a little something extra than if we would have just stayed with Lemonade. Maddie almost didn't let me add it. 


Alea, who is 17, wanted zebra, like I did on Christinas in the blog before. Only she is obsessed with this neon pink so we did that instead of the light purple. 

These polishes are Sinful Colors-24/7 and Konad's special white polish. Simple enough :)





I have learned with this stamp to make sure that you are consistent with the direction you place it on the fingernail. I messed up a couple times having the stripes go vertically and it looked just like wood grain...maybe a good idea for another manicure in brown?







They are very happy with their nails. Alea keeps showing everyone we see and says she never wants to take it off. And I'm tired of painting nails for the day. (I also did mine...but saving that for the next blog) 

Hope you get inspired by the color selections... what colors would you do if you had these stamps?! 



3 comments:

  1. oh my gosh i bite my nails too! for as long as i can remember and i can't stop, it's such a bad habit! how did you finally stop?

    ke
    http://blissfullyke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i replaced the chewing habit with filing, cleaning cuticles, painting etc. everytime i had the want to bite (all of the time at first) i sat down and redid my nail polish even if it didnt need it. i would take a verrrry long time (like and hour 1/2) with the prep work before the paint job happened. it gave me the feeling of messing around with my nails and calmed the craving. and everytime i made it through a time i wanted to bite, without biting, i would reward myself with a new nail polish! i started really liking that feeling. it has been one spending habit my husband has truly enjoyed me having. he hated my nails and supports them not looking like stumps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! I so love these designs. Love the choices of colors for they all look elegant and classy. Great job!

    ReplyDelete