Saturday, April 14, 2012

Not my night.

           I started out tonight excited to try out the saran wrap look. 


The idea is to paint your base color and let it dry, Then paint the second coat a different color and before it drys you dab it with a small amount of balled up saran plastic wrap. It removes just enough color to give you a marbled look.


Suprise!... It didn't go as planned. I think it might have been my color choices? The combination ended up looking a little sickly. I went with Essie-"turquoise and Caicos" and Essie-"fruit sangria"



                                                    Tip! 
If you want to do this technique, make sure you pick polishes that have great coverage. If it takes more that one coat, it's a no go.

Fruit sangria went on fantastically with one coat, and while I love turquoise and caicos, it was not a good pick for this as it needs 3 coats to look solid.


The Saran wrap was only applied to one hand and I knew from the way it came out I wasn't going to keep it on so I decided to try out different top coats (matte and glossy) Then to my other hand I just put on some glitters to see with the color combinations would look like.



The middle is perdy!
After that learning experience I let my little sister pick out what I would do next and she picked China Glaze-"smoke and ashes" with a gradient of Essie-"as gold as it gets"


Here's where I say, it's not my night. I didn't like this either.


All in all I did enjoy spending the evening painting nails with my sister. (we did hers too and our toes) but I will be taking this off in the morning and replacing it with something happier.



                                           Glad I could share my not so great manicures!

2 comments:

  1. I do this a lot too! Start with what I think will be a good mani, not, remove, try something different, remove try again!! Those are my bad days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have more of those days than the good days! lol I'm still learning. Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and comment, you are my only follower so far, and I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete